Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:44 AM   #1

Default High Speed Camera

Hi All .

Seems like a great forum . I really need some quick help. Iv done a search to no avail.

I'm after a high speed camera . The Casio ex 20 and ex 25 are rated highly for this but the ex 25 cannot be found and is out of stock it seems everywhere. Where its not out of stock it selling at an over inflated price. I don't want to go for the ex 20 as its over 2 years old.

Can members please advise me on a selection of rated high speed cameras please , I don't need 1000fps. I just need a camera that will slowdown my tennis swing whilst still having viewing quality so it can be analysed.

Thank you
gb110430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2011, 4:01 PM   #2

Hi!

i think it would be better to mention your budget
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:33 PM   #3

Hi, yes I should have I'm looking for a camera in the casio ex range so up to 350 pounds
gb110430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:00 AM   #4

ohh boy! well i am sure 350 pounds is more than enough. They all 1000 fps but it's just marketing i mean 224x64 at 1000fps who gives a crap!

just go out and check out Casio EX-ZR100 or EX-ZR10 i am sure you will find those at some camera store.. And take your SDHC with you.. just in case because they wont roll without memory.

good luck
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 7:43 PM   #5

Like the previous respondent, I would go with a Casio ZR100 or ZR100. I think they have decent sized 240 FPS or 480 FPS video capabilities. If you can still get it, you might consider the Casio FH100. Some claim it has slightly better still image quality. It can do full VGA (640 X 480) at 120 FPS (= 4 times slow-motion). I had the FH20 and used it once for my dad when he was practicing his golf swing. You are probably going to need decent light to get a bright image, however.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2011, 8:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo View Post
Like the previous respondent, I would go with a Casio ZR100 or ZR100. I think they have decent sized 240 FPS or 480 FPS video capabilities. If you can still get it, you might consider the Casio FH100. Some claim it has slightly better still image quality. It can do full VGA (640 X 480) at 120 FPS (= 4 times slow-motion). I had the FH20 and used it once for my dad when he was practicing his golf swing. You are probably going to need decent light to get a bright image, however.
I agree, the FH100 is slightly better because it has 10mp and not 12mp. And it supports VGA @ 120 fps. The ZR100 isn't bad at all but a bit more expensive and doesn't really offer anything more besides more pixels and less quality. I got a FH100 for my mom and she loves it. She used to have a SLR and a large Superzoom but they were to bulky and heavy and don't have the high speed as the casios.
m00ndancer is offline   Reply With Quote