Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:22 AM   #1

Default Thoughts on Canon SX40 ?

I'd like to see some feedback on the Canon SX40 from anyone that's used it. It would be great to see photos taken by it in various modes - zoom, macro, low light, action, etc. . I'm having the hardest time deciding. I tried a Canon SX150 but wasn't happy with it. Trying to stay around $400 ish..
AmyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:43 AM   #2

Hi Amy- I haven't used it myself yet,but early indications are that it's pretty impressive.
Image quality looks improved over the SX30 and noise levels at higher iso's look pretty decent too..
If you go to the Canon section under the "Point and shoot" blog you'll find some test pictures and comparisons under a couple of links...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:25 PM   #3

Amy to be honest you would probably do very well with FZ150 Panasonic...it is very decent and has a Handheld Night Shot Mode that works decent as well even indoors...the Macro Switch and the additional Zoom Lever on the side are very functional...the HD Video is awesome from it even in well lit indoors...it's size is smaller than Sony or Canon Super Zooms...although it only has 24X Zoom...Turn on iZoom and it goes to 800mm...
You also have the option of adding the Teleconverter or Close Up Lens with the LA5 adapter...Canon doesn't have this nor Sony without a very large adapter...
The Panasonic LC55 is a very fun close up lens...the FZ150 also shoots RAW if required...External Mic Port, Hot Shoe for larger flash...
Shot a few kiddos Soccer Shots the other day and a few birds in my FlickR Acct...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4675634...7627727118693/
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 4:15 PM   #4

One thing also in favour of the Panasonic is it's speed- it's a very swift performer!!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote