Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:41 PM   #31

Simon - so far I have the xsi for $250 and I am looking at a $200 zoom (55-250) or perhaps I will go over budget somewhat for a better zoom- but I still am in the $500 range.
Wes -We were disappointed right away when we bought the fz35, we should have returned it but kept trying to make adjustments for better pictures. It wasn't even close to the quality of the is4 it replaced. Now, it's really blown away by the xsi pictures. I have noticed a lot of internet threads with topics of people replacing it. Perhaps the fz150 is good, but Panny burnt me once....

I just had someone offer me a Canon 75-300 1: 4-5.6 IS today. He's asking $275 for it (with filter and bag). The reviews I found on it don't sound great though, any opinions here?
dansmail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:54 PM   #32

Just did more research, it sounds like there is an old version and a new version of this lens. How do I know which one this is? Sounds like the new version is decent, if it is the newer would I be better off with this or the 55-250?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:36 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansmail26 View Post
Just did more research, it sounds like there is an old version and a new version of this lens. How do I know which one this is? Sounds like the new version is decent, if it is the newer would I be better off with this or the 55-250?
The newer version has a roman numeral II in the model number. What this means is that something about the lens was improved, be it the optical design, the materials, the method of assembly, etc. Whatever the diference is between the original and the II isn't clear, but the II still uses the same AF motor that isn't fast enough for sports/action/wildlife.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:23 PM   #34

Has anyone ever purchased from the fredmiranda site?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes James View Post
I find it surprising to hear you weren't pleased with the image quality of the FZ-35.... you should go into the Panasonic/Leica forum and look at some of the images shot there... The FZ series of camera's are quite popular, the newest FZ-150 being quite popular.
Wes
My thoughts exactly. Look here: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...s-fz-35-a.html