Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:47 PM   #1

Default confused between canon 600d or 60d

guys i know this Question must have been asked a thousand times but please please help me too like u have all done for others

im confused between buying CANON600D or CANON60D
which is better over the other . also help me with lens . i have a choice to take the 18-55mm lens or pay more and take a 18-135mm

i need a lens that will give me good quality pics specially in dark or low lit places like beaches, night clubs etc. also so of course in day too

waiting desperately for help
kratos316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2012, 1:39 PM   #2

The D60 is a better camera, but they both have the same image sensor, so the difference doesn't affect image quality.

Neither of those lenses would be particularly good for the things you say you want to shoot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
The D60 is a better camera, but they both have the same image sensor, so the difference doesn't affect image quality.

Neither of those lenses would be particularly good for the things you say you want to shoot.
thanksfor the reply
so what lens do u advise.

im an amateur
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:57 PM   #4

Both great cameras- though the 60D has a better viewfinder,faster available shutter speeds and a faster continuous frame rate(3.7 v 5.3 I think)- and it has a heavier/more rugged feel. Perhaps you'd appreciate the lighter 600D..?
As TCav suggests- neither lens is particularly suited to low light work,though given the 600/60D's impressive high iso performance- they might suffice...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:26 AM   #5

thanks
any advice on which lens meets my aim?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:40 AM   #6

Get a good flash for clubs. Even with say a 28 1.8 and high iso, you still will only get marginal photos in a club. A good flash will get you better photos in clubs if you spend the time to learn how to use an external flash properly. Because with a big aperture lens, and high iso. It is still going to be dark, and you will suffer form motion blur if your subject does not pose for a second.

Beach shots, it depends on what you are shooting at night. If you are going after a night seascape. A tripod would be what you need, and you can use either the kit lenses. But if it is a night beach party, you will need a flash like the club.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:52 AM   #7

ok shoturtle thank . check the pic im posting , this is what i want
Attached Images

Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:01 AM   #8

With either camera and a good external flash and iso set at 1600 you can actually get better results. But you need to spend some time reading up on flash photography.

My suggestion on lens for clubs the canon 28 1.8, and a good metz 50 or nissin di622 mkII flash for canon. Body is up to you. But with the subject matter and low light the 60D's AF has a big edge of the 600D with the 9 cross type points. Very useful in low light to get accurate focus.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
With either camera and a good external flash and iso set at 1600 you can actually get better results. But you need to spend some time reading up on flash photography.

My suggestion on lens for clubs the canon 28 1.8, and a good metz 50 or nissin di622 mkII flash for canon. Body is up to you. But with the subject matter and low light the 60D's AF has a big edge of the 600D with the 9 cross type points. Very useful in low light to get accurate focus.
thanksagain ST
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:16 AM   #10

thank u ST