Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:30 PM   #1

Default Made choice on how to spend my 2,000.00 for camera and eq.

Since I really want the D7000 camera and a flash to go along with it I figured in my budget of around 2,000.00, I can afford the camera a SB-600 flash and I'm looking at a prime autofocus lense which I've decided on the 35mm 1.8. This should run be with taxes and everything else right about $2,000.00. This is not much of an outfit but I do have an old 70-210mm Nikon 4-5.6 AI-S non D lense, a 28-70 AI-S lense (just realized i have one from way back that is on my wifes camera), 3 manual which include 28mm 2.8 AI-S, 50mm 1.8 AI-S and the 100mm 2.8 AI-S. I figured I get what I want in the D7000, nice flash and a good prime lens, was looking at the 50mm 1.8 auto focus but since I've already got this in the manual and the 35mm will give me what I will normally use. I figure that if I can master as a newb at digital photography with the lenses I have and learn how to use them then I can grow from there. I would love to have other lenses but bills, taking care of family and other more important issues have to be weighed out first. Thanks for all the information that you all have given me and I will continue to search and read and learn on this site for many months/years to come. THANKS
Wildlifephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:45 PM   #2

Well,

Congrats on making your decision. Sounds like a solid foundation for a camera system that will hold you in good stead for a long time to come.

Good luck and don't forget to post a few images for us to enjoy.

regards,

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2012, 5:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Well,

Congrats on making your decision. Sounds like a solid foundation for a camera system that will hold you in good stead for a long time to come.

Good luck and don't forget to post a few images for us to enjoy.

regards,

Zig
Hey Zig, thanks alot for all the help and assistance, I sent you a message also. Thanks for returning my message that I sent you a few years ago, sorry it took so long to get back with you. God Bless. RANDY
Wildlifephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlifephoto View Post
Hey Zig, thanks alot for all the help and assistance, I sent you a message also. Thanks for returning my message that I sent you a few years ago, sorry it took so long to get back with you. God Bless. RANDY
Hi Randy,

If I can make one more suggestion, when you get the camera be sure and read the manual front to back. Download a PDF file version of the manual from Nikon (available at no charge) for easy reference. The D7000 is really a very powerful tool with lots of features that will give you outstanding results- If you take advantage of them.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:29 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Great choice. Excellent camera and main lens, with a bagful of older stuff to cover all situations. Enjoy!