Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 7, 2012, 9:36 PM   #1

Default My CanonSD870 IS has sadly died

Hello, I loved that camera and I'm not even sure if camera buffs out there would agree with my feelings of this particular camera. I always wanted a quicker lapse time between photos.

Anyway, time to replace it but with what and I like most of out there feel drowned in reviews.

I need wide angle & image stabilization. I need to be able to take quick photos but I'd love if their quality was excellent.

I looked at the Canon S95 but thought it might be too much for want I really need and it is two years old. I'm above novice I'd put me at intermediate level.

I want better than what I had but could careless about connecting my images to the internet. Is the Canon PowerShot ELPH 320 HS it?

I need a good Canon suggestion

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to share advice or wisdom
charminglucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2012, 10:00 PM   #2

How about Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS?
Old May 8, 2012, 10:58 AM   #3

The 300HS is a nice little point and shoot.
It has the image stabilisation you require,a 24mm wide angle lens- and up to 120mm.
It has a pretty quick start up time- and reasonably swift autofocus- shot to shot time is roughly 3 secs (about 4 with flash)- though it does have a burst mode of about 3.5 frames per second (depending on conditions) and holds this for 3 seconds- and a quicker 8 fps if you drop to 3 megapixel images.
It also shoots full HD video at 24 fps- audio is stereo- and zoom is available during recording.
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 11:46 PM   #4

Default With gratitude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMON40 View Post
The 300HS is a nice little point and shoot.
It has the image stabilisation you require,a 24mm wide angle lens- and up to 120mm.
It has a pretty quick start up time- and reasonably swift autofocus- shot to shot time is roughly 3 secs (about 4 with flash)- though it does have a burst mode of about 3.5 frames per second (depending on conditions) and holds this for 3 seconds- and a quicker 8 fps if you drop to 3 megapixel images.
It also shoots full HD video at 24 fps- audio is stereo- and zoom is available during recording.
Thank you for Simon!!!! I so appreciate your help.