Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 12, 2012, 9:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammersvt View Post
Thanks for all the input. I think I've settled on either the d3200, 5100 or the Canon 2ti. My big concerns are that I don't believe they are wifi (which I would use) and I also believe they do t have stabilizers. Is the stabilization a big concern if I buy a 200 mm or more lense?
The t2i is going to be a higher end camera. It competes against the d5100, d5000. The D3200 is just going to up an update d3100.
Old May 12, 2012, 9:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mito View Post
Shoturtle I have done very little with low lighting photography. What I have done is not good. I am well aware that the higher the ISO the more noise there is. This exchange is getting away from the original post. Cammervst has a limited budget and my opinion is that a bridge camera would be a better starting point to learn. A basic dSLR camera is as cheap (and that is what it is, basic) as a good bridge but lenses? There is no such thing as a good cheap lens and what about dust problems on the sensor or having to carry around a bagfull of lenses. Each to their own but whatever camera you buy Cammervst do your own thing and enjoy it
Cammervst wants low light, and the bridge camera as a whole are really not that good at it. Every now and then you with the right lighting condition. They produce a pretty decent low light shoot, but they are far from consistent in low light. A base entry level dslr will still run circles around the best bridge camera in the low light department.
Old May 13, 2012, 11:46 PM   #23

I purchased the Nikon D3200 and a AF-S 55-300mm lens. I've been playing a bit with it today and having fun. I'm such a beginner that I don't really understand anything about these setups, but I'll try to learn. Now I'm curious...what are other good lenses, accessories I should get with this camera?
cammersvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 12:04 AM   #24

If you are shooting low light, either the af-s 35 1.8 or the af-s 50 1.8. And make sure you do not get the AF 50 1.8, that one will not Auto Focus on your camera. Get a good flash. Extra battery is always good and a second memory card.
Old May 14, 2012, 12:17 AM   #25

What about a screen protector. Any recommendations for that?
Old May 14, 2012, 1:07 AM   #26

Get one that is pre cut for your camera, they fit better, any brand is good.
Old May 15, 2012, 4:19 PM   #27

Are the screen protectors for the D3100 the same as the D3200? I'm not finding anything for the 3200, but loads of protectors for the 3100. I'm assuming they will work for my model (D3200). Is this accurate?
Old May 15, 2012, 7:35 PM   #28

Not sure if they are the same. check if it is the same size lcc for the 3100 and 3200. That will tell you if it will fit.