Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 26, 2012, 11:43 PM   #11

anyone ever deal with fumfie.com?

are they reputable?

Thanks,

PKD7423

PKD

Last edited by pkd7423; May 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM.
pkd7423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 3:41 AM   #12

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-10157_10...1/fumfie-scam/

btw, although they have lots of positive ratings on resellerratings.com, i notice most of the 5 and 4 star reviewers have only written a single review - for fumfie.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 10:47 AM   #13

thanks pcake,

I've heard of "grey cameras", before and associated them with mostly NYC businesses.

Fumfie has the z150 listed for 469.xx with a "starter kit" for free. (4gb memory card, tripod, card reader, case, filter, disposable camera)

Amazon has it for 489.xx

PKD7423

PKD
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:40 PM   #14

just wanted to update the thread.

I bought the FZ150 from Amazon on 6/4/12 for $454.99 thinking I get about the best deal I could.

3 days later Amazon dropped the price to $439.00.

Since my camera had not shipped yet, I asked if I could get a refund of the difference. They gave it to me with no problems.

Got the camera on 6/11. Very pleased with the purchase and the camera.

They still list it at that price and still have it in stock in case anybody is interested.

Thanks for all the forums help!

PKD
Old Jun 19, 2012, 5:57 PM   #15

Keep us updated with your thoughts and pics...
Happy snapping...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:09 AM   #16

congrats on your new camera

be sure and let us know what you think of it after you've spent some time with it.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:43 PM   #17

Sorry to join now. pcake and others who have recommended fz 150 over hs30 .. The comparison of specs says that Hs30 sensor size is 10% larger which should make it better in low light conditions isn't it? I am confused along with packed with so many features of Hs30 . I am asking because, I intend to buy one as well. My criteria is zoom and macro with quality of pictures, panoramic (360, horizontal stitching capability), Low light pictures, capability to switch to manual mode and explore the aprerture, shutter priorities, image stabilization, Raw pictures. Please advise.
protocoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:53 AM   #18

Hi photocoder... whilst sensor size can be significant- and usually is- more important is how the said manufacturer uses it- and does the processor/lens make the best of the sensor.
A camera's output is the sum of many parts- and the sensor is just one part.
Besides- the HS30's sensor isn't physically that much bigger than the usual bridge standard 1/2.3". You're looking at a 6.2 x 4.6mm sensor (FZ-150) against 6.4 x 4.8mm (HS30).

Your list of "wants/needs" not surprisingly includes "quality of pictures"- which frankly depends on your expectations (are you used to a DSLR ?) and your abilities to take a good picture...
My current "Bridge" is the Panasonic FZ-150- and the two reasons I went the way of the Panny' was it's speed (both AF and burst capabilities) and it's layout/handling- the latter which of course is a personal taste.
Low light use is not the "Bridge" camera's strong suit- a small sensor is necessary to squeeze out a big zoom from a small body (simple maths...) but it does compromise low light work as a result- compared to a larger sensor camera.
Here's a few shots taken in subdued lighting with the FZ-150.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...ral-faces.html

All of the above were handheld- so you could improve the IQ more were you to use a tripod and lower iso/longer exposure times...

To be fair to the current batch of bridges on offer- there isn't a huge difference in IQ with most of them- unless you scrutinise your images at very large sizes.
If you're not a "pixel peeper" you may be better going for a given spec' sheet which suits your requirements as they all seem to have a strong suit.
The manual zoom of the HS30,the speed of the Panny,outright IQ of the Canon SX40,BIG zoom of the Nikon P510,the excellent "Pano" mode of the Sony HX200v (and fast AF)... Soooo many choices/decisions...
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:17 PM   #19

Default Just out of curiousity....

Just out of curiousity- is there a reason the FZ-200 has been left out of consideration???
Wes
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:15 PM   #20

Wes- my guess is that protocoder- quizzing about the FZ-150 and the HS30- was looking at a model which has been out a while,with the resulting price tag.
Of course,if budget allows,the FZ-200 is one for serious consideration.