Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:03 PM   #1

Default Need Time/Date Stamp

Hi Folks,

I've been looking online until my head hurts for digital camera that can be set to date/time stamp my photos. It is to be used in the construction business and I don't need huge mp's, 6 would be enough, nor do I need a camera that creates video. Although you probably can't buy one without it today. Anyhow, nothing fancy, just a good reliable camera that will time/date stamp photos for me. I am hoping for some good suggestions from all of you photo buffs.

Thanks in advance
BillG19805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:18 PM   #2

I'll have to ask the project manager who was in charge of our new local high school build. He was required by contract to document the entire build and all of his photos were date and time stamped. I believe he had a 4 or 5MP camera. He took almost 80GB of photos over 3 years of the project. He used the same camera for the entire project April 09 - May 12.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:24 PM   #3

Thanks Dave for the reply. I am also required to document daily for my business. And btw i'm a former Roanoker, boy do i miss central and SW VA.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:34 PM   #4

His camera is an Olympus stylus 500 which according to Steve's review site came out in 2005. I am betting you want something newer than that. He claims he has taken over 80,000 photos with it.

dave
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:46 PM   #5

I just check and you can do this on one of my two current cameras which is the Panasonic Lumix TS3. I really love this camera. Its fast, actuate and easy to carry around in hand or pocket. Its pocket able, weather proof and it can use SD cards all the way up to 64GB as well. It also has video mode if you ever need that. It has an option to turn the date stamp on an off with in the record menu. Its a very rugged camera which would be a plus on the construction site in case you dropped it etc. It can record at 12MP, 8MP or 5MP.

Hope this helps.

dave
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:13 PM   #6

I'll look into the new lumix. Oddly enough I have a lumix dmc-lc40 which I have had for years. Been a great camera, but it won't date stamp.