Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:47 PM   #1

Default Will I like it?

I was hankering after a ZS15, but they seem as rare as hens teeth here in NZ, I did see a TZ10 at a reasonable price though. I browsed here and was impressed with some outstanding close ups with this model, so I bought it. There is no instruction book and it took me a few hours to figure it all out, the menu is very confusing to me, but I managed to half pie master it.
The few pic's I have taken seem to live up to Panasonic standard, all I need now is a bit of sunshine to try it properly, any advice on how to get the best out of this camera would be appreciated.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:11 PM   #2

Welcome TZ10 disciple...lol...
Once you get the hang of all the TZ's foibles and settings etc... it's quite a capable performer.
It took me a while to decide which was the best settings for my taste- And I know cameras..!!
Should I use "iA" or Program...? Should I use the intelligent iso...? Which AF mode would be best..? Q-AF.."on"...? Should I use the intelligent exposure- and if so what strength..?
Maybe tweak the sharpness,or the noise reduction, or both..? Which stabiliser mode... etc...etc...
I'm sure you'll have fun figuring out which suits your tastes- and it's nice that a camera has so much available adjustment.
One thing I would advise though- turn off the digital zoom- it's no good in ANY camera..!
Beware however when shooting in "iA" mode- as it automatically includes the "smart" zoom- boosting the 12x zoom to 16x via digital means- so I make sure to keep it to 12x..!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:59 PM   #3

Yes Simon, digi zoom off, gps off, my first post was IA mode,(Happy) I need some sun for people shots, and macro, Like your recent Bees.

Last edited by Grounded; Aug 20, 2012 at 8:31 PM. Reason: inserting happy
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote