Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxcalais View Post
Thanks so much Shoturtle and zig, your comments and guidance has been amazing and priceless. I took the dive and i got a new Sony NEX F3 with a single lens etc. I have taken so many shots with it already its amazing. I cant believe the quality of the photos, for indoor and outside. Outside in the evening, no flash pulled in so much light and detail, it looked lighter in the picture than it did in real life. Indoor, the no flash shots were so good, and the shots with the pop up flash were amazing, to back up what Shoturtle explained with the tree. HVL-F20S flash is something i will look to in the future, as well as other lenses once i start getting used to it more. The pop up flash, even though not as strong as some, fills out the subject so much better, so there are not such obvious shadows etc. as i was experiencing with the P&S.
Congrats, it is a good camera.

Some shot look brighter then the actual scene is because the camera is fool by the low light environment. To correct it, you need to ev the camera down 2/3. And it will look like the proper light level. It also happens in very bright places like the beach or allot of snow. There you will have to ev up the shot.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:56 PM   #32

I do not think the f3 has a hot shoe. The add on flash might not be strong enough to bounce of high ceiling with a guild number of 20. But for average 10 foot ceilings it should do the job.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:30 PM   #33

Thanks guys...... yeah it doesnt have a hot shoe, but has the ability for another of sony's flashes. http://www.photographyblog.com/news/sony_hvl-f20s/

The pop up flash can be tilted back manually to bounce off ceiling.

Yeah i was browsing around the stores, online etc, and went into a Camera shop and the other half goes wow there nice hehe.........so we got a camera hehe. She was over the point and shoot as well and wanted something better, especially for indoors and kids running around. So far the new cam is totally satisfying what we need.

I can see Shoturtle is slowly moving me into the manual modes already hehe.........and so will begin my photography addiction hehe. I was really into it, doing alot of reading, wanting to do short courses etc, but my camera wasn't up to scratch, and it's been 2 years until a few weeks ago i came back to this forum. Even pictures on forums dont do justice to how priceless good quality photos can be, especially capturing family and friends.

Just looking at pouches, accessories now etc. The box has a nice accessories guide, shows a heap of lenses, but being in half Japanese does not say much about what the lenses do.
vxcalais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:16 PM   #34

aperture priority is a good way to shoot most of the time. EV is just telling the camera to over or under expose. Enjoy, it is a very good camera.