Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia21 View Post
I spend most of my forum time at the DPR Panasonic forum, but occasionally drop by the Nikon mid-range forum (D80 size). The Panasonians are quite a good group and there really is a lot of valuable information shared. Hopefully, the Photocamel forum will grow with time. There's also a Panny forum over at Steve's Digicams. The cameras Panasonic is producing are gaining a good reputation and giving the older brands some good competition.
Thanks Sonia, I got my hands on both yesterday and you know what...... still can't decide!
Gordie1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:28 AM   #12

What did you decide?
Parrot-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:45 PM   #13

Bought a ...... Mazda CX-5, doesn't take photos but gets me to work! Need to wait another few month for a camera. Give me a chance to read Fujifilm HS50exr reviews, though.
Gordie1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:34 PM   #14

They're all good cameras. I had the FZ47, which range-wise is the same as the FZ200. I now have the Nikon P510, which goes from 24-1000mm.
For me the question is, how often will you be going beyond 600mm? If the answer is rarely or never, I would choose the FZ200 because of its responsiveness, burst modes, and constant F/2.8 max aperture for its entire zoom range. That makes it possible to get fast enough shutter speeds to freeze action at sporting venues in less than ideal lighting. If you are going to use the camera for daylight bird shots, I would go for the Canon SX50is. I used the P510 at some track and field meets last year and it just got me some shots that I could not have made with less than 1000mm zoom. However, these shots were in daylight.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote