Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 3, 2013, 4:35 PM   #1

Default Need a camera, can't decide, please help

hello

I am having a lot of trouble deciding a perfect camera that suits me. I'm confused between choosing a long zoom point and shoot digital camera like nikon p510 or should i opt for a dslr(which will be of a low range)
i have around 20000-22000 INR that accounts to about 400 USD. Please give me your valuable suggestion.
My priority is long range photo, Closeup, Dim light, and ofcourse clarity in everything. Also please tell which one will offer me the best scene modes and photo effects.(I'm a sucker for that)
Thank YOu. Will be waiting for your answer
MoinMubarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2013, 7:48 AM   #2

Long range and closeup photos usually use special lenses on a DSLR, which would cost more than your budget allows. Superzooms are about the least expensive way to get long reach, and will usually do a decent job of reasonably closeup photos. If you want to take super closeups of small insects, they aren't up to the job, but other than that, they should do fine. The big limitation is low light. But, given your budget and requirements, I would suggest you look for the best low light performance you can find in a bridge camera. FWIW
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 11:06 AM   #3

I had the P510 and sold it before buying a Panasonic FZ200. For general, all-purpose photography, I would recommend the P510. It has more reach (1000mm vs 600mm). It's cheaper. The FZ200 is very good for sports photography, but it's $200 more expensive here in the US.
I would buy either of these camera before getting a DSLR for your budget.
Even the cheap 70-300mm lenses cost about $200 and they would give you less zoom range than a superzoom. Go for the P510! You will enjoy it!
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 11:41 AM   #4

thanks a lot. now im a bit confident about my choice. will be back soon for your critics on my newly clicked pics. thanks again
MoinMubarak is offline   Reply With Quote