Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 12, 2013, 2:55 PM   #1

Default confused again

Hi,
i had written last time about my needs of the camera and you had advised me to opt for the nikon p510. Now i'm again in a delusion as i cant decide whether p510 or p520. Please enlighten me with the differences and similarities. Plus can these operate in rainy conditions or high temperature, like 40-50 celsius. Thank you
MoinMubarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2013, 4:11 PM   #2

Given that you were "advised" against the P510, it kinda makes your choice redundant.
As for the 40-50 degrees celsius and a damp environment,that's pushing things a bit..!!
What are you planning to shoot..?
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 3:40 PM   #3

see, i am planning to relocate to an environment which is potentiallya developed desert. so i just need to know whether my camera can survive that. plus where i presently live its more of a rainy climate most of the year. so i just need ta learn the odds of my camera surviving these conditions. please suggest something. Thank you

plus if you have any better option for a camera which falss around 400 USD, do advice, Thanks a ton
Old May 13, 2013, 5:43 PM   #4

VERY hot weather,rain- and a desert environment.... could be tough for ANY camera- WELL beyond your budget...!
However- as you began with a bridge/superzoom camera- I'll stay with that genre...
Panasonic FZ200(or 150 if still available) or canon SX50hs (SX40hs is good also).
I'm not sure of their prices where you are,but they are the best two.... just keep them out of the rain and don't leave them in direct sunlight...!!
Old May 14, 2013, 2:48 PM   #5

what about the sony cybershot hx200v? Is that better than p510? p520? lumix is way too beyong my budget.
Old May 14, 2013, 4:27 PM   #6

Much depends on your expectations. None of the above offer DSLR type IQ or speed- but are a "jack of all trades" in one small package.
The two I mention are the best,in my opinion- the Sony doesn't quite match up in the IQ stakes,but if you don't scrutinize the images to harshly or closely,it may well suffice- and it focuses faster than the Nikon at both wide angle and at full zoom. It also has better battery life than the Nikon.