Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 19, 2013, 11:54 AM   #1

Default Which DSLR is good among....

Well, this may not be a new question, however just want to find out the best dslr for me... i am looking for a dslr which suits for my requirements of photography for wildlife, nature and people... and i look this as more than hobby... just want to be professional...

After good amount of research, i narrow down my choices to followings:

1. Nikon D7100
2. Nikon D5200
2. Canon EOS 7D
3. Canon EOS 700D (Rebel T5i)

Any thought ? Which will be better ? I know lenses are as much important as camera, however here my thought is to get good SLR first, lenses will be purchased later...

Let me know if you have other camera in mind which very well suits to my requirement...

Thanks in advance..
blogfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2013, 3:27 PM   #2

There are no BAD dSLRs, especially within the ones you listed. What matters most is which camera has the highest quality lenses for what you want to shoot. There are lots of different lenses that are suitable for one kind of photography but not another. Since you want to be a pro, you'll probably need to specialize in a particular field (i.e.: event, sports, photojournalism, wildlife, etc.) Each type of photography benefits from having gear and expertise that doesn't always translate well into other types, and you haven't really given much information about that.

So, specifically, what type of photography do you think you might be good at?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 7:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogfisher View Post
and i look this as more than hobby... just want to be professional...
Thanks in advance..
Please clarify what you mean by this statement. Do you really mean that you intend to make your living solely off revenue from your photography business? Or do you simply mean you want a very high level of results.

You're going to find that making a living doing nature and wildlife photography is extremely difficult. It also requires you to work in a geographic area that has subject matter people want to buy photos of.

Even doing portrait photography is exceedingly difficult to make a living off of. There is quite a bit of equipment involved above and beyond the camera.

In either case, there are 2 very important factors you need to be aware of:
1) You need to learn how to shoot what you're going to shoot. Do you have a plan for that?
2) if you're going to run a business, you need business skills. Especially in an industry like photography where there is a glut of providers out there - your business skills will have more to do with your success than your photographic skills.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4

If just want good quality any of these will produce that with the right lens. if you want earn a living then theres a lot learn about photography
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 12:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Please clarify what you mean by this statement. Do you really mean that you intend to make your living solely off revenue from your photography business? Or do you simply mean you want a very high level of results.
Well, probably this would be more clear, if i would have added more details... ok... i am earning enough money to live my life peacefully..what thats not what i love always.... sametime i can't do what i love to get my break and butter. So later in my life i would like to do what i love now and photography is something which i always love

Rather than mentioning to be professional, i should mentioned expert as i dont want to earn money, however i am interested to explore this field and want to be one of the good photographer.

I am mostly interested in taking wildlife and nature photos....

any thought ?
blogfisher is offline   Reply With Quote