Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:59 AM   #1

Default A little above the beginner level camera?

Hello everyone, a few months back I bought a powershot sx500 IS and loved it. Now, I think it's time to move onto a stronger camera. After many debates with my friends most of them recommend This Nikon Camera I've searched around the web about it and its quite expensive. What do you guys think. I'm not too good with cameras just yet! any advice would be great!
mikestarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Administrator

mikestarz:

Welcome to Steve's

Note that it's not a good idea to join a forum and make a post that contains a shortened URL that goes to a URL that includes an affiliate tag and code in it (as the link you included did). Otherwise, you may find yourself being banned for spam (as forums frown upon members trying to use them for commercial purposes).

Chances are, you copied the link from elsewhere, without realizing it had those properties. But, our spam filter flagged your first post for moderation, and saw those properties in the link you included.

It's best to be careful when making posts like that (with links to products included). Otherwise, you could be suspected of trying to include those types of links for personal gain. ;-)

So, I've modified the link in your post so that it no longer contains an affiliate tag (so that someone would make a commission whenever it was used to buy that camera)

JimC
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestarz View Post
Hello everyone, a few months back I bought a powershot sx500 IS and loved it. Now, I think it's time to move onto a stronger camera. After many debates with my friends most of them recommend This Nikon Camera I've searched around the web about it and its quite expensive. What do you guys think. I'm not too good with cameras just yet! any advice would be great!
I'd say that the Canon Powershot SX500 is a fine camera, and while the Nikon D7000 is also a fine camera, I think that "a few months" is too short a time to decide if you're up to spending $1,100 on a new camera that, in one respect, is much more capable, and in another respect, is much less capable.

What do you want to do that your SX500 is incapable of?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote