Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:14 PM   #1

Default Lumix dmc-ts10 or Olympus tg-320 waterproof cameras

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a waterproof camera, mostly the idea is using it for soothing videos on the beach or swimming pool but if it's able to take decent picturest I will be pleased.

I'm a occasional photographer (I own an old Ixus 60 5mp and for me is enough) so I'm not looking for and excelllent camera, both models are 100 and 110 euros so prices are really similar.

From lumix i think photographs and image quality would be better, but Olympus records video in mp4 compressed format so size would be signifficantly smaller.

Anyone owns tg320 so can give me some information or sample videos?

Thanks for your time
damefrikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2013, 4:14 PM   #2

If low file size video shooting is a significant factor to you, then I guess you've answered your own question- and I still shoot VGA for that very reason,despite my camera/s having higher res' options..!
As for overall IQ- I can't imagine there would be a significant difference between the two mentioned.
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:51 AM   #3

The problem is that Panasonic seems to take better pictures and videos, as well as it's faster in terms of booting up, photo saving speeds, etc. So I like Panasonic but the only odd point is lack of video compression. Any Panasonic user around the forum?

I think I'll get Lumix and compress videos to mp4 format when my hard drive runs out of space :P
damefrikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by damefrikis View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a waterproof camera, mostly the idea is using it for soothing videos on the beach or swimming pool but if it's able to take decent pictures, I will be pleased.

I'm a occasional photographer (I own an old Ixus 60 5mp and for me is enough) so I'm not looking for and excellent camera, both models are 100 and 110 euros so prices are really similar.

From lumix i think photographs and image quality would be better, but Olympus records video in mp4 compressed format so size would be significantly smaller.

Anyone owns tg320 so can give me some information or sample videos?

Thanks for your time
The Olympus tg-320 camera is a 14-megapixel digital camera which is waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof and dustproof. This rugged compact camera is rated to go 10 feet underwater and has a sharper LCD. It takes a full 2.2 seconds to start up and shoot this model so if you buy this one you need to wait 1.8 seconds between photos, and notches as it also covers a 0.6-second shutter lag. It's a better camera for underwater shooting and is priced around $199.00
It's a professional digital SLR's which allow delivery of colours that are true-to-life. So I would suggest to pick the tough model Olympus which can surely provide you with better performance for longer period on your investment.
alice-sood is offline   Reply With Quote