Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:25 PM   #1

Default Camera with a view finder?

I am looking for a camera in the 14+ megapix area with a viewfinder. When I get outside I cannot see the damn LCD. I know that the manufacturers make less and less with a view finder, but do any of them ever go out in the sunlight and try to see the subject in the LCD....Anyway any help?
mikesam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesam4 View Post
I am looking for a camera in the 14+ megapix area with a viewfinder. When I get outside I cannot see the damn LCD. I know that the manufacturers make less and less with a view finder, but do any of them ever go out in the sunlight and try to see the subject in the LCD....Anyway any help?
That's been a b*tch of mine ever since they started removing the viewfinder. Personally, I won't buy a camera without a viewfinder. But, then, I shoot DSLRs and a bridge camera so the choice is wide open for me. In order to be of assistance, it helps to know what you intend to shoot and under what circumstances. Sounds like what you might be reaching for is a bridge camera as most (if not all) the pocket-sized P&S cameras are LCD only.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:52 AM   #3

you don't mention a size or budget, but a few cameras with built in viewfinders that aren't removable lens cameras are:

canon G15 (jacket pocket size)
canon G16 (jacket pocket size)
panasonic LF1 (pocket size)
panasonic FZ150
panasonic FZ200
canon sx40
canon sx50
panasonic FZ70
fuji s5400
sony RX10

there's a new olympus with a finder, and other cameras, too - these are the ones i thought of off the top of my head.

but yea, there's a lot less cameras with viewfinders, which i find very frustrating. i have aging eyes, and besides, i prefer framing through a viewfinder.

Last edited by pcake; Dec 19, 2013 at 3:00 AM.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote