Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:32 PM   #11

Pcake my camera arrived yesterday! I charged the battery over night and I have been exploring the menus and settings. It feels a little odd in my hand, I think because I am not use to the size, weight, lens combo. I know I'll get used to it. There isn't a good camera shop near me to get hands on with cameras and my local Best Buy had no selection left due to Christmas sales. So I ordered online without ever touching one.
My first picture I took was of my son laying on a beanbag chair using grainy B&W setting. It looks great in the camera! I am so excited to start learning how to use all the manual functions.
Oh BTW I ended up canceling the Cameta order and ordered from Newegg... Newegg had NEW ones for $199 while Cameta had refurbished for $199. Id went with the NEW so I can get a Square Trade warranty.
avic77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:56 AM   #12

wow, sounds like you're having fun with your new camera. have you gotten your first pics in your computer yet? btw, did you activate the super control panel? it makes everything much easier, leaving most settings only a single click away.

new beats refurb any time, so yay for you, but for future reference, square trade warranties refurbs, as well.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:28 PM   #13

I have not loaded any pics to my computer yet. I am still messing around with settings. Yes I found out about the super control panel before I even ordered it so that's the first thing I did.
Ohh I didn't know Square Trade warrantied refurbished items. Good to know.
avic77 is offline   Reply With Quote