Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:55 AM   #1

Default Upgrade my dslr camera from xsi

I am starting to research what camera to upgrade to. I am looking at the t3i and t5i. One sales guy i talked to said that the t3i is the same camera as the t5i without the touchscreen. He also said there has been alot of issue with the t5i and touchscreen.

I was leaning in this direction but now second guessing that. Also he mentioned there is a v2 lens that comes with these cameras. Is there a v2 lens in the kits?

Any help would be greatly appreciated in help making my decision.
Netman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:09 PM   #2

Yes, Canon has replaced the kit 18-55 that you got with your XSi, twice! The kit lens that comes with the T5i is better for shooting videos (it's quieter) that the kit lens that comes with the T3i.

Both the T3i and the T5i use an 18MP sensor, compared to the 12MP sensor in your XSi, but more to the point, is there something you want to do that you can't with your XSi?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:13 PM   #3

Yes. None of my pictures ever come out. They are always blurry. I have tried everything. I have an external flash. I tried all different settings and nothing seems to work. Alot of our friends have T1i, T2i, and T3i cameras and can put it in auto mode and get better pictures then us. Its very frusterating. I have been trying to get good shots with this camera for ever and nothing works. I am convienced that something just isnt right with my xsi. So i figure its time to upgrade. Plus it would be nice to get video with it.
Netman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
... is there something you want to do that you can't with your XSi?
Yes. None of my pictures ever come out.
That's pretty extreme. is there any chance you can post a reduced version of one of your shots here, so we might be able to examine them?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:48 AM   #5

have you tried speeding up the shutter speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netman View Post
Yes. None of my pictures ever come out. They are always blurry. I have tried everything. I have an external flash. I tried all different settings and nothing seems to work. Alot of our friends have T1i, T2i, and T3i cameras and can put it in auto mode and get better pictures then us. Its very frusterating. I have been trying to get good shots with this camera for ever and nothing works. I am convienced that something just isnt right with my xsi. So i figure its time to upgrade. Plus it would be nice to get video with it.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote