Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:32 AM   #1

Default Which Camera Should I Buy?

For the past few weeks I've been on a quest to find the right camera. I wanted a DSLR but after searching and reading reviews I have found there's a new species of cameras that are gaining a lot of popularity "Mirrorless Cameras". It is true that DSLR are big and are not as portable, however how good are mirror less cameras? I was planning on having a DSLR for pro-good quality pictures and my iPhone as my portable camera. Others tell me they don't even use DSLR because the iPhone is more than enough.

I want a camera because I'm starting to work as a Social Media Manager and I take a lot of pictures to put content on the net. My clients are veterinaries and restaurants (dog, cat and food pictures).

So what do you suggest? Should I just stay with my iphone (4s switching to 6 when it comes out), buy a DSLR (Nikon D3200) or buy a Mirrorless Camera (NEX 6 or NX300)?
BettyeMVanhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:57 AM   #2

I'd say that, if your subjects will be still, and the photos will only be used on-line, an iPhone should be fine. But if the photos will be used for print, you should upgrade to at least a mirrorless camera, and if the subjects will be moving, you should go with a dSLR.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2014, 3:38 AM   #3

The most recent mirrorless camera's are as fast as most entry- and midlevel DSLR.
I have the Sony A6000 and it focusses very fast and has an APS-C sensor like a dslr.
Only the top DSLR's have a full frame sensor, but they are the most expensive ones.
Rudi
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2014, 7:29 AM   #4

The Sony A6000 does focus quite quickly, but it is the exception to the rule that dSLRs focus more accurately on moving subjects than mirrorless cameras.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote