Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:58 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20
Default

Thanks for the replies,

Beside good photo quality it should also take nice videos.
This is one of important upgrade reasons, the FZ38 can only film HD movies.
And then FZ38 sometimes looses focus (while zooming). I assume this is no
issue with the FZ200?


Only thing I'm little bit woried about is taking photos indoors.
Sometimes the FZ38 is not very good at this. I know it is because of the sensor.

Hm... Not easy to make a choice.
ahamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:39 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
Thanks for the replies,

Beside good photo quality it should also take nice videos.
This is one of important upgrade reasons, the FZ38 can only film HD movies.
And then FZ38 sometimes looses focus (while zooming). I assume this is no
issue with the FZ200?


Only thing I'm little bit woried about is taking photos indoors.
Sometimes the FZ38 is not very good at this. I know it is because of the sensor.

Hm... Not easy to make a choice.
The FZ200 has a good and fast focus system (for a bridge), but no camera is perfect.

Of course, the so called superzooms have small sensors, so a they are less good in low light. But if you do not pixelpeep, even at ISO 1600, the FZ200 gets reasonable results, as you can see in this samples:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...-high-iso.html

Rudi

Last edited by rudimaes; Aug 27, 2014 at 3:44 AM.
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:24 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20
Default

Hello,

Photos look fine to me.... I will buy the FZ200.
Just have to find the lowest price.

The FZ38 will also stay in the family, I will give it tot my father.

Thanks for all the info.

Regards,

Maurice

Kerkrade / The Netherlands.
ahamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:31 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
Hello,

Photos look fine to me.... I will buy the FZ200.
Just have to find the lowest price.

The FZ38 will also stay in the family, I will give it tot my father.

Thanks for all the info.

Regards,

Maurice

Kerkrade / The Netherlands.
Have fun with the new camera-veel plezier met de nieuwe camera,
Rudi

Last edited by rudimaes; Aug 28, 2014 at 12:41 AM.
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:13 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Australia, New South Wales central coast
Posts: 2,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
Thanks for the replies,

Beside good photo quality it should also take nice videos.
This is one of important upgrade reasons, the FZ38 can only film HD movies. And then FZ38 sometimes looses focus (while zooming). I assume this is no issue with the FZ200?

Only thing I'm little bit woried about is taking photos indoors.
Sometimes the FZ38 is not very good at this. I know it is because of the sensor. Hm... Not easy to make a choice.
G'day mate

Graham Horton UK shows a video on his site that the new FZ1000 does have a flawed focus-during-zoom issue. He does say that the FZ200 does not have any focus issues during video work

Phil
__________________
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Spends 8-9 months each year travelling Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:17 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day mate

Graham Horton UK shows a video on his site that the new FZ1000 does have a flawed focus-during-zoom issue. He does say that the FZ200 does not have any focus issues during video work

Phil
Graham Houghton is great with this cameras. His FZ200 book and youtube videos are interesting.
Rudi
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.