Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:12 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
TCav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington, DC, Metro Area, Maryland
Posts: 13,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
P.S. Out of the most recent 12 posts with replies you've participated in 8, or 2/3 of the threads, seems you do participate in a majority of these "What Camera Should I Buy" topics.
If you had chosen to go just a little bit deeper, you'd have found only 9 of the last 20, or less than half contain any contributions from me.
__________________
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline  
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:13 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 2,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
If you had chosen to go just a little bit deeper, you'd have found only 9 of the last 20, or less than half contain any contributions from me.
Still moving the goal post I see. Facts are whatever you want them to be when you change the criteria all the time. Fact is you tried to say that you rarely participate and a quick check shows you participated in 2/3 of the last 12 threads. You didn't say I rarely participate except the last 12 threads, you said I rarely participate. Seems you have a real problem with people pointing out how you are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
I still maintain that the ILCs you suggested, refurbished or not, wouldn't serve the OP's boyfriend any better than the H300,

Okay so that's better you actually stated it as an opinion instead of a fact, good we're making progress.

I respect your opinion but respectfully disagree and state my opinion is that someone looking to get into photography would be better suited buying into a ILC system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
and your steadfast defense of your suggestion in the face of evidence to the contrary, followed by your ad hominem attacks on me, are what dragged this topic into the muck.
And here we go again, you've provided no evidence, no proof, just your opinion which I respect that as what it is. How about you just respect my opinion instead of insisting you have won some empirically provable victory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
I also continue to maintain that a refurbished camera is not an appropriate gift,
again your opinion not a demonstrable fact. I've explained how I think times have changed and it may no longer be inappropriate to gift a refurbished camera as you insist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
but I rely on the OP to determine that for herself.
Finally recognition that SilverUnicorn has a choice among options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
And you belaboring the issue doesn't serve any of us well.
Spoken by the person who not only can't help but keep replying but also belabored the ILC point not once but 4 times.

You want to end this?

Take the Wernher von Braun quote out of your signature, if you can't show respect for me at least show respect for the 20,000 dead at his hands. Sophocles said much the same thing many years before but with additional wisdom oh and he wasn't a Nazi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPHOCLES
The kind of man who always thinks that he is right, that his opinions, his pronouncements, are the final word, when once exposed shows nothing there. But a wise man has much to learn without a loss of dignity.
__________________
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32

Last edited by ramcewan; Mar 22, 2016 at 5:15 PM.
ramcewan is offline  
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:39 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
TCav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington, DC, Metro Area, Maryland
Posts: 13,544
Default

Everything you'd written in your last few posts is either a lie, a distortion or a personal attack.

And that doesn't even count the topic you started where you called me a Neo-Nazi.

You may have been able to silence your opposition elsewhere, but you picked the wrong opponent.

Your suggestions in this topic added nothing to those already proposed, and were of questionable value on their own. Your arguments only serve to misdirect and obfuscate, instead of enlighten, which is what should be happening here.
__________________
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:23 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 2,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
Everything you'd written in your last few posts is either a lie, a distortion or a personal attack.
...
Your suggestions in this topic added nothing to those already proposed, and were of questionable value on their own. Your arguments only serve to misdirect and obfuscate, instead of enlighten, which is what should be happening here.
Everything you've written in this thread since you suggested the superzoom has been directed personally at discrediting my suggestions.

As I've demonstrated with direct quotes from you first you said it wasn't possible to find something in price, when proven wrong, you insisted refurbished was unacceptable and from there on you nit-picked your way into a corner where you resorted to negative logic and false equivalence to explain your conclusions.

You've accused me of being wrong, you've accused me of applying narrow interpretations and now you've accused me of lying, none of which I have done.

How exactly have I lied?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
And that doesn't even count the topic you started where you called me a Neo-Nazi.
Well are you a Neo-Nazi or do you just look up to and defend Nazis? Maybe you didn't realize Werner was an evil SOB?

My thread never mentioned you, it was just asking the community what they thought about quoting a Nazi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
You may have been able to silence your opposition elsewhere, but you picked the wrong opponent.
Ah yes, because you're the big bully around here, right?

This is the core of the problem, you see me as an opponent, I see you as another photographer, one whom I'm trying to reach a level of mutual respect through confrontation of their behavior.

I'm not trying to silence you, as I've said time and time again I agree with your recommendation of the Sony superzoom for someone who has expressed a need for a long zoom and is not planning to expand beyond a single camera, I'm just trying to get you to see that my opinion deserves to be treated with equal respect.
__________________
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32

Last edited by ramcewan; Mar 25, 2016 at 11:04 AM.
ramcewan is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:27 PM   #35
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Savannah, GA (USA)
Posts: 22,378
Default

For goodness sakes guys...

Please, let's stop with the political arguments, personal attacks, etc.; and try to be more civil to each other here, as we try to provide a friendly environment for discussion about photography, not a forum for discussion about who is a Nazi War Criminal or not.

There are other forums if you want to debate those issues. But, we do not want those discussions here, as once political or religious differences come into the forums, hard feelings between forum members are all but certain.

Since we have a membership composed of people from multiple cultures and backgrounds, we do not want those types of discussions or debates here, so that the forums here at Steve's can be a place for others to share their experiences with Photography, without those differences getting in the way.

This thread is now closed.
JimC is offline  
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.