Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:09 PM   #1

Default Replacing my Panasonic ZS7

Good evening one and all. I am looking to replace my Panasonic P&S ZS7. It's been a great camera but after years of getting beat up in my saddlebag and the holidays approaching I'm in the market for a new camera. Trying to pick one out is quite difficult. Most of my shots are of nature during hikes or pulled over on the side of a road while riding my motorcycle. I'm torn on if it's time to go from a P&S to a DSLR or mirrorless system. I haven't printed any of my shots yet but I'm thinking about doing some of that. Any suggestions would be helpful. I've been looking at the ZS50, D3400, D5300, T6, and A6000 along with the cannon 50x zoom. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
rscott6942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:15 AM   #2

Do you mean a bridge with 50x zoom? A changeable 50x zoomlens will cost a fortune (if it exists).
If you don't mind a larger camera, look at the Panasonic FZ 1000.
If you were happy with the ZS7, then the Panasonic ZS60 (TZ80) could be a choice.
Rudi
rudimaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:17 AM   #3

Default Replacing my ZS7

I was either looking at the bridge camera or one of the DSLR or Mirrorless deals that are coming up for Black Friday that have the two lenses.
rscott6942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:13 PM   #4

You seem to be in the market for a camera which has a light "footprint", yet is fairly versatile (hiking/biking etc). The ZS7 (TZ10 in the UK) was/is a great camera (I had one) and maybe a look at the latest Panny pocket zoom (TZ70/80 etc) might be worth a look- or maybe one of the Sony/Canon competitors (SX710/720, HX60/80/90).
If you want to make large prints- where quality counts (and the budget allows), perhaps consider a larger sensor- but fairly compact- camera.
Ones to consider- Canon's G3/5/7/9. Nikon's DL24-500 or the DL18-50/24-85. Sony's "RX" range.
Perhaps consider also the consummate "all-rounder"- the Panasonic FZ330.

With regards mirrorless- you have quite a choice these days.
I like the Nikon 1 range- because they're fast operators (I like fast) and their lenses are small also...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote