Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:06 PM   #1

Default Powershot elph 300 is

I am looking to buy a cheap but decent quality P&S for a friend who will use it for social media only. She is currently using her (new) Kindle for everything and the camera is lousy.

This camera gets a great review, but it is older. My question is about compatibility. She would be using wi-fi or USB cable to transfer photos. Does anyone have any experience with this camera and would she have any issues with transferring?

Or what camera would you recommend? I'm looking to spend less than $150.

Thanks for any and all insights and recommendations.

Robin

Last edited by Robin_G; Dec 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM.
Robin_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:53 PM   #2

Well, sometimes you just have to go with your gut. I know it's hard enough to get reviews of P&S cameras when they are new, since there are so many models coming out all the time, but getting info on an older one is a real challenge.

My friend is wonderfully artistic but not technically minded, so I knew a simple, good camera would be best. This one is on the way to her, and I can only hope it's simple enough, and takes good enough photos, that it serves its purpose. (She does not use a smart phone, so no camera options there).

If possible, I will post feedback so that others might feel more confident about refurb cameras.

Robin
Robin_G is offline   Reply With Quote