Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Note that the FZ1000 has a fully-articulated LCD, has a 16x optical zoom, has more focus points, viewfinder rez is almost twice that of the Sony, faster shutter speed, 12 fps vs 10fps on the Sony, 4K video to name just a few of the differences.
Thank you.

Video is not important to me. I'm not saying that I won't ever be doing video, but that's not a priority for me. Taking still photos is what I'm really after.

Would there be any advantage of going with the FZ2000 vs the FZ1000? I mean other than price. I'm just weighing all the options right now.

Thank you
Photog4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog4Christ View Post
Thank you.

Video is not important to me. I'm not saying that I won't ever be doing video, but that's not a priority for me. Taking still photos is what I'm really after.

Would there be any advantage of going with the FZ2000 vs the FZ1000? I mean other than price. I'm just weighing all the options right now.

Thank you
https://www.dpreview.com/products/co...onic_dmcfz2500

https://www.apotelyt.com/compare-cam...nasonic-fz1000

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/rou...s-fz1000-98984

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Jan 4, 2018 at 6:46 AM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:59 AM   #13

LOL. Thank you. :P
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:04 AM   #14

The FZ2000 doesn't have NFC, but the FZ1000 does? Really?! I mean if the model line already has NFC, then what's the harm in keeping it in future models? I understand that once the phone and camera are connected, then there's really no reason for NFC, but what if you wanted to share with a friend or are using another wireless device?

Oh well... just a little side rant.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog4Christ View Post
The FZ2000 doesn't have NFC, but the FZ1000 does? Really?! I mean if the model line already has NFC, then what's the harm in keeping it in future models? I understand that once the phone and camera are connected, then there's really no reason for NFC, but what if you wanted to share with a friend or are using another wireless device?

Oh well... just a little side rant.
NFC is another battery sucker. It's having it's swan song. A LOT of phone makers are dropping from their latest models. The FZ1000 has wifi. When I shoot my images from home with a tripod (which is 85% of 'em) I set it up to upload them straight to my PC. AND, while it's on that tripod, I have an AC adapter so I NEVER run out of juice. You're choice but to me ~$300 is a goodly chunk of change to shell out for not a lot of improvement. Every article/review I've read pretty much says go with the FZ1000.

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Jan 4, 2018 at 1:17 PM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
NFC is another battery sucker. It's having it's swan song. A LOT of phone makers are dropping from their latest models. The FZ1000 has wifi. When I shoot my images from home with a tripod (which is 85% of 'em) I set it up to upload them straight to my PC. AND, while it's on that tripod, I have an AC adapter so I NEVER run out of juice. You're choice but to me ~$300 is a goodly chunk of change to shell out for not a lot of improvement. Every article/review I've read pretty much says go with the FZ1000.
NFC is a "nice to have" but not a "need to have."

As I mentioned, I am just information gathering. I don't think I'll be ready to make a purchasing decision until late summer and by that time there will be changes such as model availability and pricing. The FZ1000 is now on my short list, but I haven't made a final decision. Thank you very much for your feedback on the FZ1000. Since I already shoot with the TZ5 and the FZ150 (and I used to own an FZ2), the FZ1000 could be a strong contender.

NFC will not be dropped by phone manufacturers because NFC is what runs Android Pay and Apple Pay. No NFC=no Android/Apple/Samsung Pay/Whatever Pay. (yes... I know Samsung Pay uses a different technology, but it still makes use of NFC).