Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:38 PM   #1

Default Make Panorama longer and higher

Hi,
I took 5 pictures this afternoon, and created a panorama from them using Hugin. It turned out well, except that it's height is only about 1/3 the height of the screen. (The width is the entire width of the screen.)
I would like to make it close to the entire screen height. I realize this would necessitate the width being much wider than the screen (in order to maintain the correct proportion). Is there a way of doing this so that the picture can be scrolled from side to side, perhaps with the mouse or arrow key or the horizontal bar or ???
Thanks,
.... john
Shinnen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:40 AM   #2

It depends entirely on the program you're using to display it. You can magnify the image such that the height of the image fills the window but that a scroll bar appears across the bottom so you can scroll left and right.

My guess is that most programs will initially attempt to display the entire image, leaving it up to you to zoom in so the height of the image fills the height of the window.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:42 AM   #3

Hi TCav,
So, basically you're saying that there's not much I can do to ensure that the image opens up full screen from top to bottom; and that (unless the viewer does so) I have to depend on the person viewing it to realize that it can be 'blown up'?
..... john
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:56 AM   #4

Some programs give you the ability to embed a viewer with the panorama, so you can use your mouse or keyboard to scroll around the picture. One that I have used is Ulead Cool 360. (don't know if it is still around, but you may be able to find d/l available) It can be used for up to full circle panoramas (or less) .
brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:57 PM   #5

Thanks Brian.
I'll check it out.
... john