Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 5, 2004, 11:56 AM   #1

i've been looking for a dig camera for a while now and these are the two that i'm between. One thing that i like about both of them is that they are 10x zoom. The z1 is 3.2 mpx and the kodak is 4.something....Can you really tell the difference in pictures? Also does anybody have any advice or suggestions on which camera to go with? i like the way they both hold in the hand but i was wanting to hear some info from actual owners like: ease of use, shutter speed, ISO, and what not. Thanks for your time,

George
atroskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:35 PM   #2

Another couple possibilities are the Fuji S5000, the Panasonic fz10, and the Canon Powershot s1 is. Why is buying a camera so difficult???

George
atroskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 9:06 AM   #3

this would make for some really good discussion, as in canada both these cameras are quite competitive on the consumer level.

i have seen the kodak and think its pictures are too saturated and slightly too artificially sharp.

best thing to do (which im sure u are already doing) is to read reviews on each camera. Amazon.com has some pretty good user reviews on the z1... around 30+ reviews.

I didn't look into the kodak too indepth, but i went with the minolta since the price was too hard to pass up.

good luck!
trueno92 is offline   Reply With Quote