Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 7, 2004, 2:30 PM   #11

I was just at Best Buy and the lady recommended the P73 to me for my needs. She said she wouldn't use digital zoom though because it makes the picture look like garbage but besides that the camera is very good. Either way I am not buying from them because it is a bit more expensive and plus it will have tax. I can get it on internet for like $270 shipped. I hate how the lower end canon's and nikon's feel in your hand. Also is no place for your left hand on the camera...unless you have tiny fingers. Bad thing for me though is I wasn't able to take pictures and try it out and if I order online I may not be happy with how it functions. Hmm...

Jared
Jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 2:58 PM   #12

Wow I just found the P73 for $259 with free shipping from AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service) webpage. If I didn't like it I can return it on base at the BX for a full refund even though they don't carry the product...wow sounds like a steal to me hehe. No way you will find it cheaper than that brand new. I think I may go for this.

Jared
Old Aug 13, 2004, 6:09 PM   #13

I just ordered the Sony DSC-P93 for $269.99, I figured for the extra money I will get 5.1MP instead of 4.1, a way better resolution on the LCD, 32MB stick instead of 16(which yeah bigger MP = less pictures anyways), and seems P93 has a macro mode on it instead of just automatically going into macro when taking close up photos like on the P73. I will let you know how I like it when I get it.

Jared