Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:53 PM   #1
KOT

I am getting close, approaching camera hunt burn-out. However I am still unable to make a final decision on one of three cameras. The sony DSC W1, Canon S410, orthe diamge/mimolta G400...Please help. I am a camera novice but am willing to learn and grow if this will will result in better pictures. Basically I want a compact camera to take family photos indoors and out and during probable low light on occasion. I also travel on vacations to outdoor locations like alaska and montana to camp.. Which of the three cameras above is best? or is there something else that I need to consider??

Thanks,
KOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2004, 12:47 AM   #2

In general, I'm a big fan of Minolta cameras; however, if you'll read the last paragraph on Steve's "Conclusion" page in the review of the G400, I think you'll find that it isn't well-suited for the family pics that you wish to take.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 1:08 AM   #3

There is an issue with many Canon cameras which you should research before buying the S410, also. Do a search for "e18" on the Canon message board, and you'll see the problem to which I refer. I can personally attest to it being a problem with the A70, and I believe it occurred in the S400 (predecessor to the S410) as well. Again, if it sounds asif I'm not a fan of Canon cameras, let me say that the A20 is still my favorite little point-and-shoot camera.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote