Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 10, 2004, 1:30 PM   #1

I am in the market for one of the above.

I do not have any lenses currently and all are around the same price.

Can i have your thoughs and the reasons why you went for one of the cameras over the others?

Thanks in advance
Alan A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2004, 3:46 PM   #2
NHL

I went for the 10D, but wouldn't recommend one now since it due to be replaced soon...

The Fuji S2 would be my choice if I was going to do more Studio shots and just got a successor the S3.

The E1 is pretty much limited in lens choices, but they are all excellent however -> $$$.

That leaves the D70 left... no surprise here since this is just released with another batch of cameras due to come out between now and next month's Photokina such as the Minolta 7D with built-in "anti-shake" :?
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 5:15 PM   #3

that was my thought about the Olympus E1, but our local camera shop has told me today that Olympus have reduced the price in the UK to £1190 for the camera and lens package, which makes it "interesting" :-)

However, I could get a D70 plus two lenses and a SB50 flash gun for the same price.........
Alan A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 9:29 AM   #4
NHL

Most of the time I would recommend to buy whatever "tickle" you, but at this time since we're so close to Photokina... What's a few more weeks? You can always go back and buy the E1 it's not going anywhere (except dropping in price): The competition is tough with no IS, no USM, and no wireless flash support againts 3 or more major vendors all having them... I wouldn't "fall in love" with it yet!

The upgraded 10D should be interesting as well as the upcoming Minolta... and we already know about the exceptional S3
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote