Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 10, 2004, 1:34 PM   #1

Hi,

After 5 days of almost constant research (my house is a mess and haven't cooked in days), I have decided on the F717. Many reviewers have said that it is among the best in it's class in terms of indoor and outdoor images. It is almost reputed to be user friendly to the beginner but I will have the luxury to learn on it. At the same time, I don't want to fiddle around for 3 mintues setting the camera when a cute shot of one of my kids is at hand. Will this present those problems?

Any opinions would help.

Thanks again guys.
SurayaAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:26 PM   #2

SurayaAn wrote:
Quote:
I don't want to fiddle around for 3 mintues setting the camera when a cute shot of one of my kids is at hand. Will this present those problems?

Any opinions would help.
Well, it always take sometimes to power it up ... ; even if you are familiar with it already, it may happens that you need some adjustments …
I don't know the camera, but IMO, go ahead with it, and keep a disposable film camera not far , so you won't miss that ¼ sec shot in case :-)

It happens to me to forget settings on my camera too :?.

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 5:36 PM   #3

KCan wrote:
Quote:
SurayaAn wrote
Well, it always take sometimes to power it up ... ; even if you are familiar with it already, it may happens that you need some adjustments …
I don't know the camera, but IMO, go ahead with it, and keep a disposable film camera not far , so you won't miss that ¼ sec shot in case :-)

It happens to me to forget settings on my camera too :?.

Actually the F717 is VERY fast to boot up. Keep it in green mode which is basically just a fully automatic mode, turn on the camera and you can be shooting the picture almost immediately. It is both a very easy camera to use, and a camera that will allow you the room to grow and learn more about digital photography. I think you made a wise choice SurayaAn. Course, I made the same choice so it is possible I am a bit biased :?
golovemd is offline   Reply With Quote