Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 20, 2005, 3:26 PM   #141

Dashlite wrote:
Quote:
OK so I had to get a camera and here is what I got... The NISIS Supacam DV6.

The price might be good, but sorry, the video is not.
turtletom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 10:18 PM   #142

The interesting thing about the samsung digimax V700 is that it appears to have some sort ofmovie stabilizing function!

Look at the news for the V700 at dcresource.com it says

"movie stabilizer and editing functions"

Interesting.... if it is what it appears to be, this would be the only camera besides the S1 IS and the Panasonic FZ-20 (which only has 320x240) to have a movie stabilizing function...
QDravrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:04 AM   #143

My interpretation of Digimax's V700's "movie stabilizer" feature is a fancy name for electronic image stabilization. EIS is a software program that only works in movie mode. It is a standard feature on DV camcorders as well as tapeless cameras like Pentax MX4, JVC Everio, Sanyo C4, etc.

EIS quite different from the optical image stabilization that Canon Pro 1 IS and Panasonic FZ have. OIS works for both still shots and movies, which makes it more ideal.
msb0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 10:32 AM   #144

Just added the Minolta DiMAGE Z5 (5.0Mp, 35-420mm, 340 grams, 109x80x84mm, SD, no $ estimate). It has "anti shake" in both stills and movie modes. It also has a special night movie mode. One feature that I couldn't tell from the press release is whether or not it will have zoom during the movies like the current Z3 has.
Beverly W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:57 AM   #145

Beverly W wrote:
Quote:
Azure wrote:
Quote:
Don't know if you forgot any or not, but have you considered adding whether or not they have a set limit on how long a recorded video can be?

4. Quite a few camera I couldn't find the information on whether or not they took add on lenses / filters or lense hood. Those cameras that do support them were: Canon S1 IS, Fuji S20 Pro, Fuji S7000, Kyocera M410R, Minolta A200, Minolta Z10, Minolta Z2, Minolta Z3, Minolta Z5, Nikon 8400, Nikon 8700, Nikon 8800, Pentax Optio MX, Pentax Optio MX4, Samsung V70, Sony DSC-F828, Sony DSC-P93, Sony DSC-P100, Sony DSC-P150, Sony DSC-P200, Sony DSC-V3 and Sony DSC-W1. Also found a Cokin devise you can use for filters that attaches to the camera using the tripod mounting threads, but the threads can't be excessively far away from the lense.

5. Auto Focus Assist Lamp info is just too limited right now. If you care about this check Steve's review conclusions for the camera - if it doesn't have one he will usually complain.
The Fugi S5100 comes with a removable, lens hood/lens adapter, and there are WA, & Tele, lenses made for it. Plus it has an AF assist lamp.
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:23 PM   #146

Beverly W wrote:
Quote:
Just added the Minolta DiMAGE Z5 (5.0Mp, 35-420mm, 340 grams, 109x80x84mm, SD, no $ estimate). It has "anti shake" in both stills and movie modes. It also has a special night movie mode. One feature that I couldn't tell from the press release is whether or not it will have zoom during the movies like the current Z3 has.
Just found some more info on this camera. The movies will have the zoom available. Also the weight is without battery and card.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 3:06 PM   #147

Just added the Rollei dr5 (5.0MP, 28-135mm, 150 grams w/o b+c, 100x55x25mm, AVI, SD and MMC, March 2005 release at 299 Euro). Also has 12MB internal memory. I don't know if this camera will be offered in the USA or not.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 3:16 PM   #148

Sony has posted the DSC-W5 camera on their website, but did not include what its dimensions were. I will add this camera to the list once I have enough info to properly place it. What I know so far is as follows: 5.1Mp, 38-114mm, MPEG VX, Memory Stick or Memory Stick Pro, AF lamp, allows filters/conversion lenses, late Feb release with $349.95 list.

Also there are rumors of more Sony cameras (DSC-W7, DSC-T7, DSC-S40, DSC-S60 or S80, and DSC-S90) that I will keep my eyes open for and if they materialize and qualify for this list I will post them when I have enough info.

The Sony website for more info on the W5 as follows
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...DigitalCameras
Old Jan 26, 2005, 5:27 PM   #149

Hi, this one can also 640x480 at 30fps, the Digilife DDV-s670 (and also the DDV-660, only design changes).
It's cheap but has mpeg4 technology and of course the quality i think is not exceptional, i will see i've just ordered one of this toys!

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...V-S670&cat=CAM
tuleggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:10 AM   #150

OK...I know I said I FOUND THE CAMERA, but I didn't. I bought theNISIS Supacam DV6..I found out when it arrived that it was a Digilife DV6 and man did it stink. The videos were the worst, the pictures were OK. Before that I had the Digilife DDV-s670 and again it was the same. You had to have a high speed SD card, or you did not get the 30 FPS.

So it is on to my 3rd camera, I opt for the Sanyo Xacti DMX-C4. The pictures look good and the video is comparable to VHS, so that is what I am looking for. I found a great sample page, but its not in English, but scroll down and you can understand enough to download the files.

Well, I hope the third time is a charm, wish me luck.

Here is the link to the Sanyo samples:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...5/zooma168.htm
Dashlite is offline   Reply With Quote