Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 16, 2004, 10:29 AM   #11
Administrator

Yes, there is also a question mark after the last quote. It reads:

Quote:
I saw where you put question marks after the SLR when you quoted me.?

So, you have questions marks when quoting me after just about every period.

You may want to set your board theme to defaults to see what you see then. You can do this under "My Account", and go to the "Preferences tab. Then, set "Board Theme" to "Default"

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:37 AM   #12

The new pentax 750 announced on the pentaxusa site is another new model with VGA 30 fps. I think all new models comming out from now on will have this feature.

Ed
ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 1:46 PM   #13

ed33 wrote:
Quote:
The new pentax 750 announced on the pentaxusa site is another new model with VGA 30 fps. I think all new models comming out from now on will have this feature.

Ed
Good find. I have added it to the list above. I would like all new cameras to come with these features, but you will note that the Pentax Optio S50 that they also announced today did not have the movie at 640x480.

For those of you wanting more info on this newest camera that meet the 640x480 video at 30fps requirement, see:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0408/04...entax_750z.asp

This site has more info than the press release I saw at the Pentax website. I'm sure Steve will post this soon (since I sent him this link too).
Beverly W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 4:05 PM   #14
Administrator

Beverly W wrote:
Quote:
For those of you wanting more info on this newest camera that meet the 640x480 video at 30fps requirement, see:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0408/04...entax_750z.asp

This site has more info than the press release I saw at the Pentax website. I'm sure Steve will post this soon (since I sent him this link too).
Beverly, Steve does not normally include the full specs of a camera in a table format along with the press releases. Most likely,because these specs are subject to change before a model starts shipping. However, if you read through the press release from Pentax that Steve posted, you can see things like the 640x480 30fps movie mode, lens range, type of sensor used (which will determine the resolution the camera can shootin), type of LCD monitor, type of focus system with focus modes, macro mode info, shooting modes (aperture priority, shutter priority, etc.).

Steve also included more photos of the camera in his copy of the press release.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/pe...4_750z_pr.html

Steve also reviews far more cameras, so you are likely to see more about new modelshere first.

Full (and likely updated) specs of the camera will be on Pentax's site before it's ever shipping. Steve maintains a database of manufacturer links from the main menu so that users can get to the informationaboutmodelseasier. Here is the link to the Pentax models (Pentax has notposted further information on it's web site yet for thisnew model):

http://www.steves-digicams.com/cameras/pentax.html

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 5:30 PM   #15

Yes, you missed my Fuji model---the S602Z
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 12:15 AM   #16

JerryF wrote:
Quote:
Yes, you missed my Fuji model---the S602Z
That camera has been discontinued. If you read my first line you will see that I said I was listing all current cameras. However I see my thread line doesn't say that. I will go ahead and add a new grouping for discontinued cameras, but I'm not going to put all the info down on them and I am not going to actively seek them out. There can be people interested in buy used cameras, so that will be a helpful addition.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 11:16 PM   #17

AHHHH....

I can't seem to find a single camera that doesn't have some mistake on the various websites! Even the manufacture websites I'm finding errors (so no wonder the reviewer are having trouble!). Like the Minolta Z1 is a 640x480 30fps camera (proudly stated at such on Minolta website in section on VGA movies), but the spec at their site says otherwise. Have to read many different reviews to have a clue as to what the camera really can do!

That said, I am adding to the original posting the Pentax Optio 750Z, Sony DSC-P73, Minolta Z1 and Fujifilm S602 (but last one is discontinued). I am removing Olympus C-8080 and Minolta Z10

Then there is strickly my mistake on the original pricing on the Fujifilm S20 Pro. No wonder no one has put together a all inclusive list before. There is just too much bad information out there. With every ones help, maybe we can figure this all out.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 6:17 PM   #18

I just corrected the weight on the Fujifilm E550. The correct weight is 200 grams without batteries and card (not the 105 grams with battery and card that dpreview lists).
Old Aug 20, 2004, 6:27 PM   #19

i have a question. with all this interest you have with movie capabilitywhy don't you just use a quality video camera?
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 7:09 PM   #20

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Yes, there is also a question mark after the last quote.** It reads:

Quote:
I saw where you put question marks after the SLR when you quoted me.?

So, you have questions marks when quoting me after just about every period.

You may want to set your board theme to defaults to see what you see then.* You can do this under "My Account", and go to the* "Preferences tab.* Then, set "Board Theme" to "Default"
I changed my account to default like you suggested and it still does not show a question mark when I view it. This is being written in the default setting. Are there any question marks that don't belong. I'm not going to use ANY question marks in this post except in your quote where you showed the erroring question mark you had responded to.