Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 15, 2004, 6:44 PM   #1

Which digital camera should I choose for my 8-year old daughter that tough, easy to use, and works well with her Imac computer??? Not expensive and good quality. Thanks!
James
Drjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:31 PM   #2

Not sure what you mean by cheap (up to $300?).... I recommend an Olympus - Ihave bought pocket models for my wife and two daughters (college age) and they get good photos. Are easy to use, big view screen, can take some knocking around and neglect. Most have menu options for a little bit of advanced use which would serve your daughter if she wants to go beyond simple point and shoot. I use an Olympus C-765and E-1 SLR on my Mac G5, but the rest of my family uses their pocket Olympus camera on the Apple and aPC without any difficulty.I hope this helps.
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:44 PM   #3

I bought my son the fujifilm q1. He is very happy with it and it is cheap!!!

ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 9:45 PM   #4

I let my 3-year-old neice use my Koday EasyShare DX6340 because it's my knock-around camera. She took great shots, and even when she touched the lens with her olive-oil-covered finger, itdidn't damage the lens!!! She even learned rather quickly to use the movie mode!

It's the dc thatI let my children use, too, because it'sso easy; they're not interested in bells and whistles, so it doesn't intimidate them. The pictures are great and it's a camera that canyour daughtercan grow with. (any easyshare model will do!)
Mare is offline   Reply With Quote