Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 17, 2004, 1:19 PM   #1

I want one of these long zoom cameras with a good movie mode. Everything I've read on the canon suggests it has the best movie mode. The dimage Z3 is interesting, but I haven't seen much on how its movies compare to the canon and in my eyes the Z3 is ugly. Now the kyocera looks good and received a good review but I didn't see much on how movies compare to the canon S1 IS which appears to be the standard. I'm aware of every other specification on these cameras. Any comments would be appreciated.

Pete
retgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2004, 4:04 PM   #2

I *could* be wrong - but I think the Canon doesn't allow you to record movies continuously until the memory card is full - if my memory is right, its around 3mins. The Kyocera, however does allow you to shoot a single movie until the capacity of the memory is reached at upto 640x480 30fps with sound.
stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2004, 7:38 PM   #3

stez wrote:
Quote:
I *could* be wrong - but I think the Canon doesn't allow you to record movies continuously until the memory card is full - if my memory is right, its around 3mins.* The Kyocera, however does allow you to shoot a single movie until the capacity of the memory is reached at upto 640x480 30fps with sound.
Actually the Canon is limited to 1GB or one hour of continuous movie recording (which ever is first). The Canon has Zoom and IS during movie (the Minota Z2 also has this)! If you look at Steve's sample pictures you will see a sample movie and in the Kyocera M410R I didn't like how the light drastically changed over one frame (too fast to be clouds).
Beverly W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:20 PM   #4

Argh - I confused it with the G6. :?

Kyocera M410R has zoom during movie but I think this is digital rather than optical zoom.
stez is offline   Reply With Quote