Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:07 AM   #1

HI all,

Well, I received a DX 4530 as a gift last christmas, it bascially gave me a new hobby that has taken up alot of my free time now, so I dont know if its even a hobby anymore because I have been thinking about trying to do somthing with my pictures. I have had a lot of people say that I didnt take my photos "because they are to good" for the camera I am using. I basically took it as a compliment. With the Dx4530 being more so for point and shoot, and it lacking any advanced features I figure it is time to upgrade. I never used to take pictures with film, because I could never appreciate any of the pictures until I developed them, and me trying to get to the store to develop pictures all the time is futile, and costs money. So with the ease of digital my new hobby started. Recently I took these two pictures.

http://img53.exs.cx/img53/4595/3414.jpg

http://img53.exs.cx/img53/927/3415.jpg

When I come home and see these, I instantly want to go out again and take more photos, its an addiction I guess.

Anyways, on to the real subject, its upgrade time.

I have roughly $900 CAD to spend on a new camera.

I want something with more advanced features such as shutter settings, aperature setting etc.... Not to big, I really wanted to spend a little more on the Canon Rebel, but I figure its still to much money im willing to put down right now and its a little big for me to take on hiking trips that I would care to do at the current time.

I have a 256MB SD card and a card reader for it, but if they cant be used in the new camera I select then I will sell them with the current DX4530 that is being sold to someone I know at the moment.

I have done a little research and gone to a local store and so far I have looked at these two and tryed them out:

Konica Minolta Dimage Z2

Kodak 6490

They are both pretty impressive, But I heard that Kodak was releasing the 7590 in Sept, I wish they would say early or late sept but non the less I hope it is in Sept. I really dont want to go down in MegaPixels so I am willing to wait for the 7590 to come out.

What camera of those three (Z2, 6490, 7590) would you guys/gals recommend and do you have any other suggestions that would be good for me to look at.

Thanks,

Ray.
rayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2004, 1:37 PM   #2

noone has any input?
Old Aug 18, 2004, 1:40 PM   #3

I too was interested in the DX7590 but I checked the web site and it now says "to be released in October".

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I chucked the idea of waiting that long, since the first advertisements said "August".:!:

I'm now looking again..... maybe the Fuji S5000? I don't know, since my heart was set on that damn DX7590.:|
hadeshelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 2:58 PM   #4

hadeshelmet wrote:
Quote:
I too was interested in the DX7590 but I checked the web site and it now says "to be released in October".

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I chucked the idea of waiting that long, since the first advertisements said "August".:!:

I'm now looking again..... maybe the Fuji S5000? I don't know, since my heart was set on that darn DX7590.:|

There website still says Available in September.