Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 18, 2004, 1:50 PM   #1

Looking for 3 megapixel camera under $250 dollars.....first digital camera....these two appear to be comparable....can get $20 rebate on Nikon....a75 has more iso speeds ,more white balance options and higher frame per second exposure, a super file compression mode, a much greater battery life and 16 mb more memory...are any of these advantages important? nikon has rechargeable batteries and a battery charger......which do you think is the best buy.......
leverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2004, 4:27 PM   #2

Both are great cameras.

*however*

That being said. The Canon does have a fair amount more features - in particular manual modes. I do believe the A75 also has a larger LCD screen than the 3200.

As for the rechargeable battery issue, just buy some rechargeable AA batteries. Problem solved.

Unless you can find the Nikon for $50.00 less than the Canon, I would lean toward the A75.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 8:20 PM   #3

thanks....does the increased battery life, superfine compression and the extra memory make a difference....or do you think that overall it is just a better camera?
Old Aug 18, 2004, 8:41 PM   #4

Once again, I think they are both great cameras. Just at the same price, the A75 offers you a lot more features.

Greater battery life is always a plus. The extra compression, depends on you and how high a quality you need to go. The extra memory? Not a big deal. You will buy other, larger cards, no doubt. They are super cheap these days.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 10:03 AM   #5

does it matter what type of memory you have ..... I noticed that the canon has compact flash card type 1 and type 2 where the nikon has an SD card....any advantage/disadvantage to either types