Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 18, 2004, 1:53 PM   #1

Hi all....i do prepare have digital camera better then mine Canon A60...i do like Canon...but realy not sure 3mp with 10x zoom or 4mp with 3x zoom....and found fuji S5000 too. I realy was sad after i own my A60...becouse pictures was not so good as I wait...now with my pocket i can choose...one of this cameras...wich one...? Can you help me? I like name Canon...but found in forums not so good talks about S1...
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2004, 2:17 PM   #2

Just my .02 cents, but I would go for the canon of the ones on your list. Everything I've read indicates it is the best from you choices and there is a recent firmware update that makes it even better.

Pete
retgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2004, 4:06 AM   #3

I own both cameras, the S5000& the S1 IS. Both of them have the same quality pics! But Canon S1 IS has lots of features like Image Stabilization, Vari Angle LCD Screen, My Themes feature, Auto pop-up flash, fast & quiet zoomingand the most important of all, upgrade on firmwares.

judell74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2004, 8:06 AM   #4

Thank you for answer....maybe you can send me some pictures of trees...buildings...landscapes of canon s1 in to mailbox [email protected]....i do want to make photo of them and will see...because pictures in selers pages are only in good quality...that was before i own my Canon A60...i do found pictures in pages...but there was only in good quality...when i made pictures by my self only in macro mode and near was good....faces of people was in strange colors...and trees was terible...thats becouse i have lots of macro pictures in my cd's...and only few with landscapes and buildings from far away...thank you
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2004, 1:28 PM   #5

Casper wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for answer....maybe you can send me some pictures of trees...buildings...landscapes of canon s1 in to mailbox [email protected]....i do want to make photo of them and will see...because pictures in selers pages are only in good quality...that was before i own my Canon A60...i do found pictures in pages...but there was only in good quality...when i made pictures by my self only in macro mode and near was good....faces of people was in strange colors...and trees was terible...thats becouse i have lots of macro pictures in my cd's...and only few with landscapes and buildings from far away...thank you
Dude, I've sent you an e-mail! Check it out!!!
judell74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2004, 6:28 AM   #6

Judell74 - you are an obvious fan of the S1 IS - from this and other posts - I'm considering getting either that or the A80/A95. I prefer the greater zoom capability of the S1, so am leaning that way. I've read a bit though, about Compact Flash card problems with the S1 - have you had any incompatibility problems? Any other comments?

(I currently have a Fujifilm Finepix 2800 zoom, but miss the manual control I had with my old Canon AE1 SLR.)

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread, Casper.
w00wah is offline   Reply With Quote