Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 20, 2004, 4:06 PM   #1

We currently have two Olympus D-360L cameras. Our son will be graduating soon. His senior pictures are $425.00. We thought about taking that money and purchasing a better digi cam and do the pics ourselves. We would like to have a zoom lens, which our present point and shoot cams don't have. Priorities are high image quality, ability to print 8" x 10" pictures, user friendly as we are not camera experts. What are your suggestions? TIA
igolfat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2004, 5:17 PM   #2

Bump for some help??? After spending some time snooping around this forum I am looking at these three:

Canon Powershot S1-IS

Minolta Z3

Panasonic FZ10 or 20

Any help wopuld be appreciated. Please keep in mind that we are NOT camera gurus some simplicity is a big factor as well as image quality.
igolfat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 11:17 AM   #3

we are NOT camera gurus some simplicity is a big factor as well as image quality

Please don't be offended, but having some nieces in high school I know how important Senior pictures can be. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of experience with portrait photography, and this might not be the best time to start. I have just begun getting back into more serious photography as a hobby, and portraits can often be challenging. I would also weigh how willing your son is to going this route. I know it's not what you asked, but just trying to help out.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 1:00 PM   #4

an even better advise - if you just begin, why not use a 35 mm film camera, it is easier to be using it and a not expensive olympus 35-105 mm zoom will give you great shots and printing will take 1 hour.... If you want to go digital, you need to look at a 500-700 $$ camera plus learn all tricks of Photoshot etc. and if you "mess up", your student will never forgive you for it !!!
SalBolzano is offline   Reply With Quote