Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 31, 2004, 4:48 PM   #1

I have been reading on several sites about these two cameras, and can't quite tell what is the diff between the two. Is it the movie length (30 secs/ vs/ 3 mins???) -- are there different shooting modes? I know they look slightly different and one is heavier than the other....but WHAT else significant is different?

Any answers appreciated and thanks for your time
jaluvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2004, 8:40 PM   #2

You can move the display of the A80, it has also a bigger CCD sensor, this means a better signal to noise ration than the A85.
MaRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:37 PM   #3

thanks for the input.....I just realized the A95 is out - now I'm trying to decide between the A80 and A95, but have read some good posts in various places with good info -- so will keep on gathering info on the two and try to resist impulse buying the A95..heh.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:24 AM   #4

What did you end up buying? I am in the same quandary. I have read that the A95 actually has lower quality pictures. But I wonder if I would ever use the various shooting modes that it offers.

Can anyone confirm the superiority of the A80 over the A95 or vice versa? thanks!
bellydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:12 PM   #5

Hi there,

I ended up getting the A80 - after reading quite a bit, the determining factors were that pictuer quality with the A95 wasn't really better because of the extra megapixels, that in fact it might be somewhat comprimised - secondly was the price - and thirdly, I was admittedly a bit impatient to get a new camera, and decided to go with a known quality (A80) versus something that was new and not yet fully reviewed (A95). Right now I'm using an old Fuji 1.5 megapixel, which has been a really great camera, but I was just ready for more clarity and few more updated features in a camera.