Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 3, 2004, 12:13 PM   #1

Hi, I'm new here. Have a question. I've been using a HP C500 since they came out. Not satisfied with battery life, etc. as so many have posted. I'm looking to upgrade. I love the quality of the HP pictures, but don't know if I want to deal with AA batteries any more. Please advise me about the Li-ion vs. AA. Also, I'm looking for a good zoom and 5+mp, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! I'm considering HP, Sony, Kodak..........but am open to other options. Also would like to know about quality of Panasonic. Thanks so much:|
downsizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2004, 3:37 AM   #2

About batteries...

If you are planning in buying AA Batts, just make sure it is a METAL HYDRITE and around 2100 to 2300mAh.

I got Sanyo 2300mAh and they last the whole day on my digicam!
judell74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2004, 1:39 PM   #3

downsizing wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I'm new here. Have a question. I've been using a HP C500 since they came out. Not satisfied with battery life, etc. as so many have posted. I'm looking to upgrade. I love the quality of the HP pictures, but don't know if I want to deal with AA batteries any more. Please advise me about the Li-ion vs. AA. Also, I'm looking for a good zoom and 5+mp, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! I'm considering HP, Sony, Kodak..........but am open to other options. Also would like to know about quality of Panasonic. Thanks so much:|
Quote:
Yep! As Judell74 says, get yourself a set of re-chargeable nickel metal hydride batteries.

No point spending money on the through away type Ion's that are around, its only a marginal increase in performance over the standard alkaline types. (Assuming you are talking about the ion equivalent to the standard AA and not the re-chargeable lithium batteries)
Spe3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2004, 1:50 PM   #4

In your original message you never said what type of AA batteries you were using...if you were using alkalines of course you'd complain.

Even yesterday's NiMHs can't be compared with today's...the first NiMHs I bought for my digital camera were only 1600mAh; you can buy 2500mAh today.

You can't just compare technologies...you have to look at capacity and drain of the particular camera with both types of cameras, and with most types of cameras you don't have the choice.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote