Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 19, 2004, 4:42 PM   #11

The Z3 has a number of issues...including lock ups. KM has not shown itself to be responsive. The issues and reports of problems are so widespread...KM shouldn't have rushed to release the camers before (if ) they were fixed.
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 3:10 PM   #12

am i glad i came across this forum. like mike i was ready to bite the bullet and buy the z3. i think ill wait now. i was ready to upgrade my 2mp fuji.
thanks all for the warning.....
hawkeye-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 7:20 AM   #13

The Panasonic FZ 3 is worth a very serious look. See the full test at www.dpreview.com, as well as here on Steve's website. At $370 it's an incredible buy...and as you will see at dpreview, its performance is excellent. It is the only one of the bunch with all of the following: AF assist beam to help in low light focusing, a constant aperture of F2.8 from 35 mm wide to 420 telephoto! A Leica designed lens. A flash that is good to 15.1 feet. It is the lightest and smallest of the bunch...etc.
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 9:35 AM   #14

I've been looking at those two, but recently been thinking about the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ3, which as far as I can tell is similar to the Canon but better. see review http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz3/page2.asp

allancb is offline   Reply With Quote