Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:54 AM   #1

:? The C5060 gets the best image quality ratings, but only 4x opt. zoom. The other two have great zooms, but don't rate as well in image quality. I take a lot of indoor shots of my children, and want the best flash capability also to reduce noise in low light settings. Any ideas out there???? Thanks!
lindalu62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2004, 8:49 PM   #2

lindalu62 wrote:
Quote:
:? The C5060 gets the best image quality ratings, but only 4x opt. zoom. The other two have great zooms, but don't rate as well in image quality. I take a lot of indoor shots of my children, and want the best flash capability also to reduce noise in low light settings. Any ideas out there???? Thanks!
Here's a question...do you want the best image quality or a great zoom? The farther out you zoom, the less effective the flash will be.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 10:07 PM   #3

I want my cake and eat it too!!! Ha! This is what I would like-- 4 or 5 MP, at least 8x opt. zoom, no or very little noise in low or med lighting indoors, strong flash, and be able to take action shots (fast response time??). I realize from the research I have done so far that this camera may not exist, or may be a SLR, which is out of my budget at this time! I am open to adding an external flash as a compromise and for better indoor shots. The image stabilization sounds great too for zooming out! I have since seen other cameras mentioned that may come close to fitting the bill in addition to the Olympus and Panasonic FZ10, the Canon powershot S1, the Kyocera M410r, and Minolta Z3. Could also wait for the FZ20 to come out. I have read that the AF function of many cameras is poor in low light settings also. Someone suggested attaching a $5.00 LED light aimed at the subjectto the camera to correct this. Would this really work?? Seems to easy of a solution. Would appreciate any advice!!!!
lindalu62 is offline   Reply With Quote