Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 20, 2004, 1:14 PM   #1

I went to Circuit City and tried out both of these and printing couple of pics from there.

a)W1 takes great pics but some of the colors are washed out blue lookes like green.

b)Canon took great pics with very little purple fringing. I still cann't decide which one to get as both are 5MP with 3x .

Has anyone has any of these cameras and want to post their reviews. Also does having more scene modes really makes a difference as Canon has none. I think I have done enough research and now its time to buy.
willbemcse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2004, 4:01 PM   #2

I am also comparing the same two cameras. Please post what you decide on and why.

Thanks!

Andrea
AndreaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2004, 7:45 PM   #3

I was surprised when I printed a picture with W1 and the colors were so washed out . I know that no camera is perfect plus W1 offers manual mode S500 has none. I will wait to see if anyone has W1 or S500 and they post their results.

I went to the store and took couple of pics and printed them again. Canon captures true pics vs W1(pics were dark and faded) dont know why is that. Both of the camers were on Auto .
Old Sep 25, 2004, 5:45 PM   #4

What I have heard is that Cannon's 9 point focusfeature is why they produce such good pictures.

Andrea
AndreaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 8:53 PM   #5

I dont know about nine point focus, I am leaning towards Canon as I wasn't satisfied with W1's pic quality.