Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 24, 2004, 11:42 AM   #1

Hi Everyone

Right!! I have been looking at different cameras for sometime now. Every time I think I have made my mind up some else points out another angle of looking at the cameras.

I would like a 7x optical zoom, 28-200mm,auto assist light and anti shake if possible. I HAVE NOT FOUND A CAMERA WITH ALL THREE.

I would like to take pictures of moving subjects without blurring and a nice sharp image.

Which camera do you think I should go for between CANON POWERSHOT PRO1, NIKON COOLPIX 8700 OR THE MINOLTA A2 ( OR A1)

Thanks for any help.:-?

RobT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2004, 8:35 PM   #2

RobT

One camera that seems to fit your needs is the Panasonic FZ-20. And, it's less expensive than the three that you are looking at.

You might want to check the comments on Steves Panasonicforum, and especially those of Lin Evans. She is a 40+ years pro. photographer with many thousands of dollars in digital SLR and Fixed lens cameras. Most important, she is very fair and reasonable in her assesments.

Hope this helps. Good Luck in your search.

Larry
Larry Bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 3:23 AM   #3

Thanks does this have an Auto focus assit lamp, and I'm not sure but would this lens take the same area of photo on it's max telephoto setting as the 28-200mm cameras. I think it would be less but not sure.

Sorry if this a daft question but I'm new to all of this.

Thanks
RobT is offline   Reply With Quote