Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 30, 2004, 8:36 PM   #1

I can't decide which one to buy. I usually take 4x6 and 5x7photos of the kids and some landscape and also Ebay items. I want somethingthat takes clear pictures in the most conditions without having to make in depth adjustments to the camera. Thanks!
neekak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2004, 6:44 PM   #2

I was considering the s70 and p150 and went with the s70 about 2 weeks ago. After reading some replies to my same question (look on the forum pages), I am reconsidering and may go with the Sony-I have a 30 return ability.

My experience with the s70 is kind of bizarre: when I take close ups (2-3 feet away from the subject), the pictures look almost like they have a rounding feel like a funhouse mirror. I'm not sure if there is a setting that I am not changing or the camera is just distorted, but its enough to make me switch.

I didn't look in to the HP at all.
kdrosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2004, 8:39 PM   #3

I wonder if that is what people call barreling????

I also looked at the Sony W1 tonight. It looks nice and is really fast. Any thoughts on that anyone???

Thanks!

neekak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 3:48 PM   #4

Hmmm - the W1 apparently is not a patch on the P150. Read the Sony forum and you will find that a lot of people have had problems with blurred pictures, and for me there is no comparison between l-ion batteries and AA's. The P 150 will do over 300 shots on one charge. For Ebay use, a basic 2mp camera will do, but for printing 7x5 you will need 5mp for good pictures, and if landscapes are your thing then you need a wide angle. I would recommend the Olympus 5060 - on automatic it is a treat, but you can use the advanced features if you want. Compared to the Nikon equivalent it wins for me because of the optical viewfinder and the reversible protective screen. It is a lot bigger than the two Sony's though. If only some one hadn't stolen mine.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote