Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 6, 2004, 12:31 PM   #1

I'm thinking about buying a f828, what do you guys think about it? pros and cons? I want a versatile camera, because I can't spend more money on expensive accesories...
fonfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2004, 2:50 PM   #2
Zal

I went through the same process that you are. I chose the Sony 828 over its competitors. After having taken several thousand photos, I would definately say that if I had to choose again, I would absolutely buy the 828 again--I love it.

The main selling point for me was the mechanical zoom. After using it for several months, I would never go back to a camera with a motorized zoom. The only other camera in this class to offer a mechanical zoom is the Minolta A2. The A2 is also a nice cam, and has a superior viewfinder, but I find the general usability and handling to be much better on the 828.

If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them.
Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 4:29 PM   #3

I alsowent through the same process and decided for the Olympus C-8080 WZ. I could list all the reasons why, but Gary Ayton has a comprehensive pros & cons list "Why ILove This Camera"at: http://gna.customer.netspace.net.au/...pusC8080_1.htm

riva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 4:47 AM   #4

the 8080 seems like a good choice, but i still think that f828 is better. it has more zoom and the nightshot/nightframing options. and it may be better for ir photography, i want to try it.
fonfa is offline   Reply With Quote