Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 12, 2004, 7:15 PM   #1

Here I go again! I am looking for a small compact point & shoot digital camera that takes excellent pictures. I am an avid scrapbooker and design scrapbooking products so taking great pictures is a must for me but sad to say when it come to having to deal with all those menus and modes and how to even maneuver around I am soooo lost:?. I did purchase over a year ago what I thought would be a great camera for me, the Olympus C-5050 Zoom and I still have yet to figure it out....maybe someday. I am looking for a camera that is small, compact to take with me and easy to use. We are planning on taking our first vacation in 7 years for 10 days in Decemberto the Dominican Republic....just me and my husband...no kids:-). So I want something that will take great pics and is easy for someone else to us (going with 2 other couples) to get pictures of us. Do I sound crazy yet??!!:G I posted earlier today...no replies yet and have been researching all afternoon. I would love to hear from any and all that can help me with my camera search!!

Thanks so much!!

Kaylene

Kaylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2004, 8:10 PM   #2

I would say get the P 150. Just because you'll get the best picture quality. The only reason to go with the T1 or T3 would be because of the 2.5 LCD, slightly more pocketable,and price. The P 150 takes great pictures and you'll have an advantage when cropping pictures with 7MP.
stallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:02 PM   #3

Thank you so much for you input. You do make a great point since I do crop pictures so much with my scrapbooking that it does make sense to go with the Sony DSC-P150 with the 7.2 megapixels for better images. I think I am leaning that way...thanks again!

Kaylene
Kaylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 9:50 AM   #4

i don't think you need a 7 mp camera or need to spend $500 for what your doing. 4-5 mp should be great for the amatuer vacationer who needs prints us to 8x10 and you can find one for $250 - $300 that takes great pictures.

Sony P73 for $250, Kodak CX7530 for $260, Canon S410 for $300,

maybe i'll way off, but more mp does not equal better pictures unless your printing posters or doing some major, major cropping.
rfredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 5:47 PM   #5

Looking at the reviews the 4 MP and the 7.1 MP cameras seem to be good points on the noise curve. The 5 MP had either too much noise suppression (Sony's) or more noise (Canon's). Of course I'm sitting here with a brand new FZ-20 (5 MP) so "Do as I say not as I do..."
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote