Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 13, 2004, 4:54 AM   #1

Hi all,

Here in india prices of DSC w1 and A 75 is at par. I m not too much impressed by w1 review over here in forum. a75 has got some nice reviews. but the thing is can a 3.2 MP a 75 can produce sharp images as 5 mp camera like w1.. kindly help me deciding the camera between these two.

thanx
shashant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2004, 7:20 AM   #2
blr

shashant wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Here in india prices of DSC w1 and A 75 is at par. I m not too much impressed by w1 review over here in forum. a75 has got some nice reviews. but the thing is can a 3.2 MP a 75 can produce sharp images as 5 mp camera like w1.. kindly help me deciding the camera between these two.

thanx
Here in Europe the W1 costs nearly 2 times more than A75, making A75 a great value. If they cost the same in India it means that either Canon is way overpriced there or Sony is keeping the prices very low. Given the pricing I'd go with W1. The 5 MP will produce better quality images only at A4 and above sizes, it would be difficult to spot a difference in a A5 print, it may or may not be important to you. Imagewize you can expect the images from W1 to be slightly softer but with less noise and purple fringing than A75. The camera is more compact, better build has larger screen and takes better movies. It also comes with rechargeable batteries and a charger. With A75 you should buy them separately, but this extra cost is offset by the more expensive memory cards of the Sony
blr is offline   Reply With Quote